Sunday, September 26, 2010

Will Allen and Growing Power!


So I am back in the states. The last weeks in India were a whirlwind, and amazingly awesome. I really miss the wholesome lifestyle of India. Back here in the states I have a new job as a Sustainability Advocate on campus and I love it! Tonight I went to Xavier University to see Will Allen, founder of Growing Power, speak about his amazing commitment to the good food revolution. It was really amazing to hear his story in person and see the photos of his organization in Milwaukee. Some of the key take-a-ways are that you need to gain the acceptance of the community you are working, you need to expect to move slow, and you need to network with people from all disciplines and backgrounds. This lecture just reinforced how good I had it while living in Dahod, a place with ample fresh farms.

Till next time-
Your CV,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment