Tuesday, July 6, 2010

60 hr work weeks

So it has been awhile since I've last written. I realize that since I teach English every morning, I'm at the office 60 hrs a week. That is a lot of time! When I do get back home, I am so exhausted that I read for a little bit, go for a walk with my roommate, and then totally crash. I'm hoping that this experience will help me transition to U.S. work hours where 50 hours a week is impressive.
On another note, lately I've been reading a lot about social media. I was thinking that a lot of students my age are well versed in using it in their personal life, but have not crossed over into using it as a professional tool yet. It's such an effective tool, that I think we are crazy not to leverage it, especially because it comes a little more natural to us than older generations. In the coming months, I am going to try to cross over and use it as a way to network, be in-on industry conversations, and brand myself professionally. Its such a powerful tool the way it closes all geographical boundaries. The fact that I am in India, with some time on my hands, may allow me to get into the swing of things before the normal chaos of being a college student takes over again.

Till next time!

-Your CV
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment