Friday, June 25, 2010

Henna



So the electricity has just gone out at the office. Nothing to worry about, it happens about twice a day. It makes for a more social office because everyone that has been forced to stop working socializes.

Yesterday I went to dinner at my co-worker who picks me up and takes me home everyday, Manoj's, house. He has recently gotten married and his wife was wearing the beautiful red sari that she wore on her wedding day. They barely spoke any English, and me little Gujarati, so we bonded over the little baby sister. To be honest, I was confused because he introduced two people as his wife, but I was equally bad, because I called their baby daughter a boy. Way to go Lauren. (in all fairness she was wearing a boy's outfit and they had cut her hair really short. plus, she was 18 months. how can you really tell at that age except the clothes?)

It was a lovely time, and the best part of all was that they did henna on both my arms. It looks so tight and I just laugh because the amount of henna they did would have cost a small fortune at an American amusement park.

As for today, I just finished my first English lesson to my co-workers. Overall it went well, but I feel it would be better to have a helper who speaks both languages to help translate. It is difficult because I am not sure what they already know, and I realize that there are multiple skill levels present, so I will try to teach to the middle.

Ah, the electricity is back on. Till next time!

-Your CV
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment